Bolivian government issued a Decree (From December 3, 2008) banning the import of used cars, as follows:
- that are more than 4 years old (Cars camper vans, 4x4 vehicles and ambulances included intariff heading 87.03) Used cars allowed are 2009 models onwards
- that are more than 6 years old (buses, trucks and othervehicles for the transportation of merchandises and /or people included in tariff heading 87.02 and 87.04. Used cars allowed are 2007 models onwards.
Used vehicles that comply with the new Decree have the following restrictions:
- With steering wheels originally on left side, twelve (12) years of antiquity.
- With steering wheels originally on right side, eight (8) years of antiquity.
- With diesel oil engine less than 4000 cc or 4.0 l are forbidden import.
- That use liquefied petroleum gas.
- That show relevant structural damages.
Bolivian government issued another Decree (From May 13, 2009) banning the import of used Freightliner trailers that are more than 6 years old, included in tariff heading 87.06 and tariff sub-heading 8705.10 / 8705.90 / 8701.20.00.00.
Used cars/machinery/trucks that do not fulfill this new regulations, can not enter into Bolivian territory.
Regarding import restrictions for vehicles and freightliner trailers, client must double-check with Bolivian customs if there’s any restriction with his cargo.
If cargo can not enter into Bolivian territory, full container will be send back to POL – all costs to be assumed by shipper / consignee.
Another forbidden goods:
- Scraps of iron or steel and toxic.
- Asbestos, in any way.
- Industrial toxic wastes.
- Other goods that according to the law in force are forbidden to import.
La Paz, Bolivia
Lisimaco Gutierrez St. #342
Phone: (591-2) 243-2961
ADUANA NACIONAL DE BOLIVIA
La Paz, Bolivia
20 de Octubre St. Aduana Building #2038
Phone: (591-2) 212-8008
Web Page: www.aduana.gov.bo
|Back | Top|